Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sssaaaaaraaannnngg

I was having a nap when my friend H knocked my door and asked me to come with him to Saarang the notorious IITM fest, to meet his chat friend.
I wouldn’t say I m numb to teen disorders but still I didn’t expect Priyanka or Aish there, it’s obvious that his friend would be nothing better than horrible, but still, I just thought this is my last year living in this vicinity and I should at least now visit this thing and more than that I was expecting to make at least 2 QSAs(QQuest Student Ambassador).

We walked all the way to IITM speaking about the ‘Bang in the Bush’ stories of IIT M and then we caught the Saarang special bus, reached the centre of the fest. As soon as we got down I started feeling like a World War II combat flight pilot, hunting colors flying around. I was bawling at H look 11’o clock pink, look back, 6’o clock lavender, 4’o clock yellow…



After 3 calls we finally had an idea of where we are going to meet H’s friends ‘Sifani’ this is what he was telling me. We were directed to a canteen and only when we got near we found out it’s ‘Tifany’. Anyways both these names are weird, so never mind.

We were waiting in the canteen for sometime nevertheless got bored of the color hunt. I urged H to ask for what color is his friend’s dress and how many are they. Finally the 5 got there and it was only after 3sms transactions and 5mins we managed to say ‘hi’ to her. The confab lasted only for 2mins and we left the place.

I was obviously annoyed I was hitting him that he wasted 20bugs of my money and I missed a good nap. Withal I was still busy with the color hunt continuing 7’o clock 10’o clock.

We met T one of the good mannered pragmatic geniuses CEG has seen. T commented that "nothing is worthwhile here.."

We also came across my class gals who were extra horrible in their special occasion apparels. Even one of my long time crushes who used to be pretty was scrofulous, wearing a collared woolen kinda t-shirt in the afternoon sun which would suit well in a place like Manali.

While waiting for the bus to take us back to the gate I heard a mediocre color yelling at phone,
“Only desperate guys and girls come here, it’s highly boring, believe me..”

While walking back I was neither regretting the loss of 20 bugs and the nap nor was rejoicing the trip. I just had a smile when I correlated the telephone conversation and my class girls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a piece of interesting novel ,.like presentation....

Anonymous said...

dai....why didn you call me when you went to saarang.... Get lost i am going to aelagiri hill st. in my bike....i thought of calling you....but now changed my mind good by...
you to shanketh(brutus)

Kitty said...

Hey it's obvious that I never planned in advance to visit Saarang. My friend all of a sudden called me and I looking for student Ambassadors for QQuest went with him and we 've there for only a couple of hours.