Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Airtel GPRS

I am in hostel and couldn't connect to the internet using broadband or any other wired option. Data cards are in general costly and unaffordable. Airtel GPRS 75 rupees a week unlimited 24x7. So I have been using internet through my mobile phone for the past 2years but even if i use it completely I wouldn't have been able to download a single movie not only in a week but even in a year.

Nevertheless this connectivity served a lot of purpose. I were been happy or at least sattisfied with this except when it annoys me at times to the extremes. Last week I had to mail an important content to be updated in the Kuruk'09 (www.kurukshetra.org.in) site but even after figting and retrying, reconnecting and restartng for half and hour I couldn't connect to the net. I almost broke down to tears(ROFL) and then I ran to our coll net and somhow managed it.

Then comes chatting. As I always say I aspire for IIM and have some chat friends who are either students or alumini of IIMs and they very rarely reply my 'hi's as they are too busy and this Airtel GPRS as if it had been waiting for this, would get disconnected right at the very wrong time.

I am used to all this. The immediate cause for this post after 2yrs of using GPRS is it let me down when I were chatting with wolf last night. I really want to howl that, "I am sorry please believe me I would die to keep speaking to you and I really want to keep talking". Let me hope the other wolf could somehow hear my howling.

No comments: