Thursday, January 8, 2009

He is the Best (Kitty n Daddy II)

As I have already written it definitely will be a beautiful feeling to be a father. As I have already felt there are too many movies on father n daughter like this movie ‘Abiyum Nanum’ (Myself and Abi).

The maestro actor Prakash Raj has played a beautiful character in this movie as a loving father. Hats off to his skill as an ever admirable actor. Unlike the other post, I write this post not to speak about myself as a dad but about my dad.

He oft used to cherish about the nostalgia of me getting admitted in my LKG in St.Josephs, Cuddalore. I was then 4 or so months younger than 3yrs old. Clearly I am underage for admission into LKG or that’s how Father (The School Principle not my dad) felt about me. My father almost begged him for a chance to prove my skills.

Dad oft used to say I was good enough with the world map with countries and capitals at the age of 2 and half (definitely because of my dad). The principle was pleased not just because I was speaking enthusiastically about the world map hanging on the wall but also because of me telling my father ‘daddy parrot chudu’ (dad look at the parrot). My cousin Naresh would oft tease me telling this.

I have seen dads who used to say I used only one pen for 5yrs during my school days etc etc and ask their children to adjust with what is given to them. My dad of course will tell me all this not to ask me to compromise with what I have but to make me realize that someday I should be rich enough for my son to wonder at my poor lifestyle( that’s how a a billionaire’s son would feel). Dad never compromises on the best he could get me.

When I was in my 12th std I found it difficult to manage my schedule with my bicycle. I realized a bike is unaffordable with my UG coming up. I told him I can manage with my cycle. Then suddenly after a couple of days he took me to Yamaha showroom and bought me Libero. I then swore I would make him much happier than I felt then.

I lost to my neighbor girl by 27 marks in our matric exam. I didn’t regret not until my mom told me some 6 months later that my dad was very confident that I would score more marks than her. On my +2 result and when I got my dream institute in counseling the first thing I felt happy about was that my dad is feeling proud. I still hear his words that a couple of decades back he were been to this campus as one of the police constables for election duty that he was wondering whether someday his son would be doing his graduation here.

Some people used to perceive me as ambitious or something like that. But I bet whatever my aims are my dreams are they are always second in pushing me forward when it comes to the feeling that I have to do a lot more to payback at least a little for all that he has done, my wonderful dad.

2 comments:

Elithraniel Arawion said...

awwww... u hav an amazing dad... :) proud of u man! keep going... make ur dad proud..

Unknown said...

i know very well...