Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Fervent Fever!!!

I couldn’t get rid of the legion of thoughts about the past week. One of life’s most memorable days. The days were the most challenging, a lot of learning and a lot of new people. The news about our event has come in various news papers including The Hindu’s Business page dated Mar, 1st, 2009, Sunday. Lakshmi on instructions from sir and a lil guidance from me(lol) was writing an article that evening for more news the next day or day after.

The 2nd day Feb, 27th, Friday
Last year we had to skip the schools part of QQuest owing to poor response. But this year, man I was taken away completely. There were more than half a K school children in the campus from various schools. Only then I was able to appreciate that the campaigning by the 2 B’s Bibilson and Bhavana across 50+ schools has paid off.

I was doomed to sit in the Hospi desk as I had to take care of colleges. 2nd yrs Aathilakshmi and Hymavati managed Industry people while helping out college registrations by writing ID cards. I was trying my best to sell of delegate cards (lol), marketing my best to make more people delegates. I designed the registration software for colleges.

I was accompanied by Akila, with Bibilson visiting us oft amidst his schools work. We registered a lot of colleges and had to unexpectedly close the IV registration well before the expected number. N and his friends Tejas, Karan, Ruchit and HarsHa who created a buzz in QQuest colleges came in that morning after their weary long rail journey.

In the evening Bhavana’s successor Kishore conducted Biz Quiz for colleges for a participant set that is more than double last year’s. Hats off to marketing team of QQuest.

The 3rd day Feb, 28th Saturday
I was about to get the second piece of idly between my lips when I received a call from Lavanya. “Anna, people are waiting for college registrations come soon”. I did had the 2nd piece but not the 3rd. Had to run back to my room get my Sweetie and run to the hospi desk.

There were 20+ ppl waiting to get them registered for QQuest’09. I felt bewitched. Had asked them write their details in their cards themselves expect for the QID. Somehow we managed the initial crowd. Mohan Raj the Web Design Wizard of www.qquest.org.in turned up after his assessment exam to ease our burden at the hospi desk.

I had the chance of speaking a lil to our beloved alumini Chenba, Kani n Kuzalee akkas.

People left for Lucas TVS the IV. Loads of restrictions at the company Gokul somehow vaulted over all the vaults and completed the IV successfully.

After long wait A turned back after lunch and I had to hurry to the event which I proposed and my entrepreneurial aspired juniors Swetha n Sujitha took forward. The QQuest’09 Entrepreneurship Awards judged by the Founder of Landmark Hemu Ramaiah went well. All of us felt obliged for the care and passion of her for aspiring entrepreneurs.

The time filling event Quality Guru got too much attention as the other events required pre-preparation. Our Bangalore gang won the 2nd and 3rd placed with a bang. In the evening’s appraisal meet Kuzalee akka gave out QQuest bags and T-shirts to us.

The Big Day
This day the costlier corporate events were held. The day again opens with an emergency. B had probs with the laptop and the projector and the ppt brought by some team. I had to hurry to the hall. Later in the evening heard from Bhagya my quiz team successor tell me that she has conducted FLM quiz better than me.

The crucial part 4th yr Lavanya the supposedly in charge of certificates was fumbling with lack of volunteers to write certificates. Me with my genius’ handwriting could only be able to get ppl for the job rather than risking it myself. Lakshmi, Nathiya, Pooja, Hymavati from 2nd yrs had done a lot of writing though at times wasting a few certificates (lol).

The worst part is when Sir refused to sign IV certificates stating that would bring down the value of the other certificates. The participation certificates were not in a position to be signed. I had a bad time though a lil less worse than I had imagined.

The valediction was organized by Gautam one of the dedicated and passionate guys of QQuest’09 team with guidance from last years organizers Lavanya and Sangeetha.

Towards the end I had been answering / apologizing for not being able to give their certificates. Between sir announcing my name in the stage calling me for honoring my work (hehe). I don’t know what the college students were thinking at that time.

2 comments:

kani said...

QQuest always reminds us many beautiful days..Happy that u continued this year too and added value to QQ'09..Hearty wishes !!

Kitty said...

My pleasure ka. Fool would be I, if I failed to be part of this last oppurtunity. Will be grateful to u always for openning up the club for me :-)