Sunday, March 22, 2009

Kitty reaches 100Kmph

Its been a week since when I was waiting to write this post. Lobby hads bought a brand new Yamaha FZ16, the bike of the year. Its charismatic and more than that its rider friendly and the handling that gives a feel like the one with a obedient archaic wife.

The roof top of Clive Bungalow. Robert Clive the pop English General










Before the St.David Fort. Doesn't looks like a real fort, Does it? But its history







We went around the entire cuddalore and the surrounding places covering 100s of kilometers in a day. We were bored and obviously the best place in Cuddalore the Silver Beach, the world’s 3rd largest beach was our destination.

The mouth of river Kedilum

The Kedilum river’s mouth cut us from the O.T.(Old Town) beach we decided to go to the OT beach but not that day. The next day is when we decided to go to the OT beach.

Wow! The beach was so peaceful around 3P.M. in the afternoon. An ideal place for a date. It was beautiful place more than that its lonely. Unfortunately all we could do is regret the other is just a friend and not a girl friend (lol).

The beach was so long guess must be around a Km. I rode from one end of the beach to other reaching 97Kmph with lobby at the pillion screaming that he would fall of the bike at the bumps.

Now, its show time I dropped lobby at one end of the beach and started my record ride. It’s a bit risky to ride at the sea shore. It’s slippery near the waters and at a little distance the dry sand will suck the wheel in. So have to keep the bike at an optimal center and should keep the handbar steady.

Within 4-5 secs I could see the speedometer oscillating around 80. I felt the tears at the end of my eyes. The heavy air resistance made it harder for breath and was pushing me back, mind you if I say it’s a large open beach.

After some 10 secs I could see a steady oscillation between the 3 numbers 97,98,99 Kmph in my speedometer. I was dying to see a 100. That’s when I dipped in a shallow trough with water splashing for a couple of meters in all directions with huge noise and leaving me half wet.

I was slowed down by couple dozen kms. I accelerated as harder as possible to finally see 100Kmph near the end of the beach i.e. near the Kedilum’s mouth. With great fulfillment I rode back to lobby with the same phase without minding the speedometer, enjoying the ride. After which lobby tried and reached only 97kmph.

No comments: