Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dogs gave Oscar to DOG

I am not an expert in movies or music but I strongly believe these are not for experts but for audience like me. I have watched a lot of movies and listened to a lot of songs. Practically I am a movie freak and I live with music and listen to songs for at least 12hrs a day.

I have watched this movie with lots of anticipation. I haven’t heard of the story as always. I feel that I ll not enjoy the movie if I hear the story before watching it myself. From the title I expected the movie would be something like ‘GURU’ story of someone who knew what hunger is and what money is and who fights his way to riches.

I didn’t say that only this sort of a story is a good one. The point simply put is our Chennai Visual communication students have made better short films than this movie. True and people in the industry would for sure agree. This movie would have made an above average TV series in an Indian channel and definitely nothing more.

I do agree Rahman is a legend. More than 30% of my playlist is occupied by his works but this one. People please do tell me do you heartily agree that the ‘Jai Ho’ song is one of Rahman’s best. This is something mocking to this music maven. I guess even Rahman himself agrees to it. He has said that he had only 2% faith that he ll get this accolade.

The worst part is Indians celebrating such a mock aimed directly at their face. This magnifies the impression the global community has on us as FOOLs.

Not only the Indian people even the global community will agree there are unmatchable movies in Indian cinema history which inspite of their poor finance have touched millions of people. This prejudice and discrimination will one day destroy Oscar.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

bitches gave it da.......

srinath said...

i don't make such rude comment.At the end of day,it's an american award not international award.yes i agree that celebrating for sdm is stupidity to the core except for the fact a.r and resul.