Thursday, February 26, 2009

QQuest Inaguration and the Prized Panel Discussion

Today (26th Feb,2009) is the inaguration day of QQuest'09. Everyone in the club except me was busy with the arrangements. I was working on my colleges work. Finding soemone to get the IDs print out etc etc. More than that convincing VP on the budget INR 150/- for the IDs.

More than 6 2nd yr girls sent sms about today's Panel Discussion( which accompanied the Inaguration) to almost a K contacts working for more than an hour. Hostllers marketted the event in their blocks. Everyone sent the sms to all their personal contacts. More than 70 A3 posters around the college. Inspite of all this there were not more than 1 hundred people in the hall. The worst part is by the time the dignitaries arrived there were less than 50 in the hall. As time passed by the strength grew to 100+.

The sms we sent, "Wru? Nowhere! What ll recession do to ur future! To know the answers. Q Quest 09 presents 'BEAT THE RECESSION' discussion by the panel- CEO(Lucas TVS), Vice Presidents of Citi Bank n CTS, an international economist n Sr. editor from The Hindu.Know your future @ Henry Maudslay Hall 2PM, 26th feb. ".

As usual I was getting calls. Too much enquiries I almost started hating my beloved K660i. Then comes the worst part. I started registrations near the end of the event. NS has promised to allow 20 ppl from a single college for IV. The worser is that 2 girls from that college started fighting with me that they ll pay only tht 50 INR for IV and will not pay for the overall registration claiming that they have not been informed of it.

I have managed ppl concerning K's of money and this is just 20 lol. Coming back to club B asked for the safe keeping of her laptop and bag. The bag here means the laptop case. I mistook it for her regular bag and was searching around the college for it. When enquired she gave this explanation that it is the 'laptop bag'.

After making a semi failure attempt for accomodations for people from out of station after having a few samosas for both lunch and dinner I m now back to my room writing my 3rd post in a row.

No comments: