Thursday, February 26, 2009

IMT Nagpur GD/PI call

A couple of weeks back when I saw this cover from IMT I was honestly excited. For my marks in CAT I have got a call from IMT. Only after openning it I realised that the call is for Nagpur and not Gaziabad. Anyways I wished I visit Bangalore and help out N in QQuest marketing.

It was Feb, 24th, tuesday. I reached the place with neat formals though not the usual interview suit with a white or kind of shirt, a tie etc. I had all those but still didn't care to. Anyway I wore my 2k woodlands cut shoe with all the necessay documents and 2 newly bought branded hankeys( from SKC the previous day where I had ice cream hope u understand why the 2nd one).

I reached the venue well before time. I was sitting with the others in the Seminar hall of BIT. The guys next to me 2yr exp and 4yr exp from leading IT firms. I never met a fresher there. I was wondering why all these well placed people go for IMT Nagpur. Then the usual certificate verifications.

After an hour or so we started our GD on the topic "The state is Above the Law". Even at the end of the GD I wondered whether I understood the topic. Everybody was speaking the same but were fighting each other for it. I just remained as another moderator (lol).

Then the interview. I was good at my +2 science but he asked questions from my secondary school physics and chemistry. I managed a few questions ignored the rest. With the usual boasting of my administrative and strategical abilities the interview was over in a few mins, around 10 mins I guess.

After speaking with another 3yr exp candidate (again from a reputed IT firm) who was waiting for her turn of PI, I left the place and after waiting for more than an hour N came to pick me up cutting his physics class.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

so did u convert the call or not

Kitty said...

I didn't ;)

Pls try to leave ur name :)