Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Killanur, Myself and R


Killanur is my aunt’s place. Myself and R reached here last night. That was a memorable journey as I had lot of private time with her after a long time. R is my cousin and we are close friends since the time we could pronounce each other’s name. I wonder whether I myself know the real me better than her.

Killanur is a cute lil village with practically no access to anything urban like cinema theatre, hospital, school or anything like that. Fortunately we have power and mobile network. My aunt’s home is the biggest in the area but still it is a red tile roofed unlike regular urban homes with a concrete ceiling. The home encompasses a beautiful garden.


The primary reasons for our visit are, one for our cute lil cousin Sanjana, aunt’s daughter, 2 yrs old and the other reason being our thirst for water, not to drink but to swim. Our well is wide enough, clean sufficiently and has water high enough to make it look beautiful.

Myself and R had a nice super swim for an hour. Both of us have hydrophobia in the context of cold. I have a sinus complaint and for her it’s wheezing but the thought of swimming and the sight of water, the phobia gets rid of itself. Aunt and Sanju were sitting by the side of the well, watching us.

I tried a few stunts but it’s been long couldn’t have my hands on them this time. My usual expertise to reach the bed of the well failed flat. I couldn’t even cross half the depth. Too much hydraulic pressure felt like my ear drums would get punctured. I backed off with a life like struggle.

We also missed the usual fun of jumping/diving into water from altitudes as the water level is high and there is nothing near by to climb and jump unlike the once we have in our native village Manalappadi. Anyway we are not let down we had fun and will tell you more as I am staying here for another couple of days.

No comments: