Friday, February 13, 2009

The Patriot 4 The Cause

Everytime I write a post on a movie I used to wonder is that so impressive to write an entire post for a single movie but now I feel like I shall write an entire blog on this movie “THE PATRIOT”. The greater good is always important. One who wishes to safeguard his family should first ensure the defense of his country.


Liberty is always so important and the most valued word in the history of mankind. People used to say only bondage can make one realize the importance of liberty. The movie is sooo patriotic though in the American context is no less inspiring on nationalism.

Hats off to Mel Gibson ‘the man of expressions’. In my opinion he is the best actor of our time. The dilemma he has between family and country his love for his sons the way he portrays all this in his face is awesome.


Though the scene in which Gibson saves his son from a regiment of Redcoats(Britain Army) resembles a little like our Vijikanth's stunt but is really superb action and is more realistic. The man who reports this incident to his officers could only call Gibson a Ghost.

The movie is on the American war of Independence. The power of militia the power of Patriotism the power this great feel could convert one into. This movie proves what Patriotism can make out of a ‘farmer with a pitchfork’.

The AMBUSH warfare is so interestingly pictured.


The touch of romance and love gives the movie additional flavor. Gabriel's love for Anne is beautifully described without deviating from the movie's course. The patriotism that creates ecstasy by overthrowing the feeling of sending her newly wed hubby to the battlefield is well manifested. "I ll see you soon.."


Finally my usual fav part father daughter sentiment. I was perplexed when Susan(Gibson's daughter) say 'I hate him'. But when she refuses to bid good bye to her papa, thats really touching "I ll say anything. Please don't go".

No comments: