Friday, November 21, 2008

The SANDWICHED

Once I was wondering ‘what am I doing in college?’ I kept regretting 'Am I not fit for anything else other than sleeping (both classroom n my room)'. Then in the 3rd yr I got something that struck me. The Students Quality Club (SQC).But unfortunately when I went there on july'07 I was turned down saying they have closed volunteer intakes. I was almost crestfallen.

Then after repeated trying I got into the club after two months, my first days of fruitful college life. I joined NSS unit VIIIand I was directly made the treasury. May be people believe I m trust worthy (hey hold it right there.. I m really trust worthy). Had an entire week of fantastic camp coordinating work esp. my documentation team which documented the entire camp events and I bet that is the best ever made NSS camp report.

Then comes KURUKSHETRA'08 I got in my favorite event Dalal Bull as an Event Manager after immense efforts and numerous turning downs. You know something, I was the only one to control the entire market, lol. My stock market interest put me there. Then comes QQuest'09. Hope I have already told enough of quiz team. I always wondered why be second always?

I dreamt of being an Event Coordinator (One who is in charge of the entire proceedings of an Event). I had a lot of plans to make the event great If suppose I were made the Event Co-od. But it turned out to be that I was the only one left out among my peers to be not recommended by my senior. Hope you could figure out how letting down it would have been.

But then like this favorite dialogue of mine from Jab_we_Met "One who desires for something truly from his heart, would get it for sure" I got it. I just tried sending a mail with my ideas for the events team and anyone who read the mail wouldn't have had second thoughts. Even then there was little hope. I just consoled myself saying that I have better work to do. Then this day comes. I just got a call from the events team saying that I can start working on the event. I don't have to tell you how it felt. Now, I am working on the event. For now there are 6 3rd yr CSE students working in the software team of Dalal Bull and 40+ students both second and 3rd yrs are working in the Market Analysis team, headedby my good friend Swathi of 4th yr ECE.

Continuing with SQC, this year office bearers have formed committees for various dimensions of the club like HR, logistics, marketing etc. I had worked so hard in the quiz team and loved that work and it happened that I started developing passion for TQM. So I wished to be in the quality committee but the people in charge felt I would better be heading the marketing committee. As I have already said I was bored of being the second, so I choose to be the committee head.

Then on the day of responsibility handover I was shocked to know that I am just an executive and another guy heads the committee possibly because he is been in the club for an year more than me. I wouldn't have asked for a top position but they told me I m the best fit for the purpose and then they let me down.

Now comes QQuest'09. I was called to the club after long. I am asked to head the marketing team for QQuest'09. I don't really know whether I have any more annoying surprises. Anyways I hope for the best. I am going to be assigned my team tomorrow. I have to address them and form an action plan to bring in more people, precisely to take out QQuest to more and more people.

The online Event of Dalal Bull is scheduled to start this Dec 20th, onsite event Jan 21st and QQuest is scheduled feb'09. I am perfectly sandwiched between these responsibilities. Anyway I am enjoying this pressure and pain may be I am getting masochistic, lol.

Let us see how worthy I am. Fingers crossed.


QQuest'09

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.