Monday, November 24, 2008

Kitty n the CAT

People who know me must also be knowing that I keep blabbering about MBA, business, money etc etc.. Hmmm.. and lot of successful people keep telling dream, dream n dream n dream. That definitely is not something difficult for a lazy guy like me and I keep dreaming all day. 

Till the beginning of this year I was at least a little serious about CAT (Common Admission Test) for IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) if you are so out of the world and if you never heard of these, may be this would help..lol. Even the first month of this sem I was a bit serious. 

Bloody laziness, things started getting so weary and I compromised myself saying ‘ha I would do MBA after 2 yrs of work experience’. I completely gave up the preparation and I didn’t even cared to get my study materials from IMS the institute I joined for CAT preparation paying Rs.18,500/-. 

Finally this day Nov 16th ,2008 comes and I get up early in the morning (6.30) and take a bone chilling shower by 7.00 AM and get ready to go to my exam centre Vels College in Pallavaram. Thank heavens this guy Hariharasudan a sincere CAT aspirant and my friend already paid a visit to the centre last week so I never had a problem reaching the centre with him.

Suddenly there seemed to be some problem with his watch and I as a good friend.. lol told him that he needs a watch more importantly than me and I donated mine to him. I was having a very cool exam very much like I took IIT-JEE.(that’s another funny story worth a post ll tell you later).

Mom once had this IIT mania and now ‘T’ is replaced by ‘M’. Though she is just a 10th std she never compromises on anything second…lol. Though I don’t want to let her down for the second time I thought that I still have a lot of time for an MBA in IIM.


Coming to the exam I spent 2hrs in quantitative aptitude (PS) and Data Interpretation and the remaining 30mins in verbal reasoning and RC (lol). I am good at DI and not bad at PS but when it comes to English hmm.. the options in which I put too much thinking are sure to be wrong answers. Miserably the pattern was 25 PS, 25 DI and 4ttttyyyy VR/RC. 

I tried and marked 14 questions in VR and then my instinct said I would be much more lucky than I m knowledgeable in this part. So I randomly marked the rest of the questions. And when I checked my score after the exam it turned out that I scored only 4 in the 14 questions I attempted (4 for correct answer n -1 for wrong one so 4/56) and in another 10 random marked questions I got 10/40 and I m not sure about the rest 16 random answers and this gives me a lot of hope as I have cleared the cut-offs in PS and DI I m praying that half ya ya half of those 16 to be right for my IIM dreams to come true. 

P.S.: Pls pray for me….LLLOOLLLL 

4 comments:

Elithraniel Arawion said...

lolz... alot of my friends are askin for prayers... guess the cat caught ur tongue this time ;)

Kitty said...

Hey reserve ur prayers for me yaar..lol. I have much better chance for making ur prayers fruitful :-)

You know something even without the 15questions TIME has given me an expected percentile of 96.

Elithraniel Arawion said...

hahaha.. really? genius then... shall pray for u too :P

Kitty said...

thanks Anusha.. hope ur prayers ll work.