Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Why do I feel happy about not getting into Mcafee?


If I got into Mcafee I would have restricted myself with in system security alone, but now I have a wide range of options in TCS.

In Mcafee my designation would have been QA Engg i.e. a tester. I am rather interested in Development.

The organization is in itself very bad. I guess it’s worse than our coll org.
For correcting 10 answer sheets with 20 objective type questions they took one whole day.
For some silly procedure they let all their employees stand in long queues when I was there waiting for the interview.
They couldn’t even mail us the results of the interview. Highly irresponsive.

Mcafee is not a market leader, and is nowhere near becoming one. It is ranked 11th in the Anti-virus ratings.

If I got into Mcafee, I would have been locked up in B’lore itself, which obviously would have bored me in less than a year. In TCS I have the chance of flying off to various places.

In TCS I would have more time to think about myself than just my job.

More than all that TCS is an Indian company, and Tata group is founded by the man I admire Jamshedji Tata.

Finally when I sent this message to my friends:

My loving bro Vallabh Prasanth said: “Dont worry da.... That asshole company doesn even knock out virus ..... But now i know why its so bad”

My sweet friend Arul : “So sad! Bad luck to Mcafee it lost a good employee!”

One important thing which I had forgotten to mention; In Mcafee as far as I observed, female to male ratio is as low as 1:30 (Approx)

ROFLMAO!!!

7 comments:

sudan said...

ya.. what he said s true oly.. making us to wait for much time make us mad.. yesterday for me phone interview.. still they didnt say any result.. atleast they can say rejected la.. y this hesitation.. for another friend HR round is over.. so i guess i wont get job.. though they can inform la.. i dunno wat they enjoy in making students to wait..

Kitty said...

@Sudan

Thanks for dropping by :)

Very true sucking org procedures. BTW u could hav added that the phone interview was for only 2 ppl.

sudan said...

ya... phone interview was kept for 2 from our coll.. dunno for other coll.. eventhough they can decide soon la..

Abitha said...

company pathi uvalavu pesrae...indian company illlanu nalla theriyum aprom ethuku da interview pona????!!!!

Kitty said...

@Abi

I hav already written abt that in my 'Bangalore Beauties' post. I was just being idle at home, so just to have an interview experience I attended it :)

Siva said...

hi.. its siva ! SYMANTEC

i am not sure, u missed the chance to get into Mc.Afee becos, they are going to lead the global market with internet security and antivirus things. We are competing and considering them as our only top competitor for data security. Missing such an oppurtunity is just to be regretted than to playfully think TCS is going to be heaven. For, only the trailer pictures they show off looks heaven. In TCS u will first be put into bench other than getting a real project to work on. Also, u will be marked a name, SYSTEM ANALYST as long as u r not troubling them. Development team has nothing to do, they are just service based companies. In my opinion, if u were in Mc.afee, they seriously would have considered u into DEV team after what u work ( taking only about 6 months -- exactly the amount of time TCS takes to consider to get ur placement done ) !! trust ur inside ..

have fun at work ..
nice way to present ur posts !!

Siva said...

@sudan

consider u starting a company and expect to hire the best from top institutions. Will u ever consider a college grad who has done nothing on computers except to play, watch movies, comment and do stuff. Also they demand huge salary as a part of DREAM compensation. naturally the process taking to check the attitude of u will be high. After joining, they ensure whether u leave training for ur higher studies which is in turn a waste of time and effort and more than that money for such MNC's. It is as if they are in the pirate of silicon valley time. Competing with a better and a gigantic company like ours is a great job and to sustain the global market they have to make measures. Also, they have reached almost 30 percent more sales than the previous year. We have lost 5 million customers to mc.afee and just writing a silly comment about a phone interview will not make a corporate to fall in your feet !!

we are not gods for god sake !!

we are just another BE grads passing out of the legendary CEG !!