Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kitty the Cat catches fish


As my close ones know, I am completely vetti* at home. Nevertheless I am enjoying this. The last long vacation before I get retired. Mom’s food, internet, Big TV, Yamaha Libero, my room, a few DVDs all these things are making life blissful. I have recently found another way to kill time occasionally other than movie theatres.

Lobby* was telling me about this fishing thing at O.T.* harbor for a long time now. He had been to fishing a couple of times already. Though he succeeded in the primary objective of killing time, he couldn’t kill a fish, I mean catch one.

He being a vegetarian has nothing to do with fishes even if he managed to catch them. Nevertheless as mentioned the primary objective was to kill time and not fish. Well so this time I was available in town. So there, we were off to FISHING.

It was a Saturday afternoon, I finished lunch. Took a break spent sometime in the internet, and started to his home. I reached his home and we scampered around for some thing on which to roll the fishing nerve*.

Unfortunately we didn’t find any free Shuttle cork rolls. So we took Lobby’s fasttrack watch case. If you don’t know how it would look refer to the pic. We started in my libero as his FZ was ill.

We called T asking him to bring all the equipments we would need for fishing. T’s dad has a shop that sells these kinda stuff. T reached the harbor in a few mins after we did.

These are the key instruments one would need for fishing:
1. The fishing nerve.
2. The fishing hook.
3. A weight.
4. Something on which to roll the fishing nerve.

T left us on some work. We prepared the setup. We had a bad time getting the string tied tightly to the fishing hook. We fixed the bait, prawns that we had bought for 5INR at the OT fish market. We had the nerve rolled to the Titan Fasttrack watch case.

Our fist attempt failed with we loosing our first bait. Second time when I threw it, Lobby left the roll loose and he dropped the Fasttrack case on water. So we now had lost A complete setup consisting of a hook, a 45metre nerve of thickness 0.5mm, a weight and most of all the wrist watch case.

So I thought that’s the end of our fishing expedition that day. We tried to call T but in vain. After sometime he himself dropped by. He had already brough 5hooks and 2 weights so the only thing we lacked was the nerve. Fortunately he had brought a nerve with him this time even without we telling him to.

What then, we prepared a complete setup again and we instead of going for deep sea fishing by throwing it far, attempted shore sea fishing by fishing right under our legs, and we manged to get one :)

2 comments:

JayaChithra Subramanian said...

hey fishing is ultimate timepass..starting from 6 yr old Calvin to 52 yr old men go fishing :)
btw if you are really passionate about English , stop using tamil words in your post !!

Kitty said...

Tamil words! I dunno which word u r referring to :?