Monday, December 22, 2008

Why so fast?

I really don't remember when I first heard of this acronym, but ever since then this has become the most used acromym in my lexicon. People always complain me being in an excited or agitated state. Optimist call it enthusiasm and cynics kvetch it as pesky.

I have been using this to my sub-ordinates since I 've made a leader of the quiz team of QQuest'09 ( www.qquest.org.in ) I guess. Most of my orders(lol) have an attached ASAP with them. Since I have learned from my TQM book that I should not set objectives for works to be done by sub-ordinates I started using more of this signifierASAP.

Recently I have not only started using this to my superiors, may be because I feel I m someone they couldn't afford to lose :-)  but also to my friends and my girl friend. Conversions as casual as check your mail is now coming out with an appended 'asap' to it. To my girl friend, 'I want you to call me ASAP'. 


(Aditya Kaushaf giving orders to his secratary Ria with an A.S.A.P. in the movie 'Jab We Met')

I don't know why I am always in such a hurry!

2 comments:

Elithraniel Arawion said...

did u write this post ASAP after u discovered this? :P

Kitty said...

Certainly i had to write something in this blog or may be u might assume i m dead rather than busy shouting at some one hurry..lol