Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Prisoner of Birth

Since the time I had been introduced to novel reading by Dan Brown’s ‘Deception Point’ I really wanted to share my novel experiences but I had very little to speak as I was very nascent to novel reading even now I am a novice when compared to those book beasts, with not more than ten books worth mentioning. So I again restrain myself from writing too much about it, but sooner I am going too throw a bomb shell on all those perverts that Sidney is nowhere any nearer to Dan.


For now I trammel myself to the undisputedly the best story teller of our time Jeffrey’s, ‘A Prisoner of Birth’. I always enjoyed his works not to mention that ‘Honor Among Thieves ‘ is an all rounder. He on himself being a lawyer and then a member of parliment has profound knowledge on both these subjects not to miss his experience with regards to prisons.

This particular novel doesn’t require too much of his political expertise which certainly made 'Sons of Fortune' a best seller, but has lot to do with the other two expertise.  I feel a little enligtenned about the court room procedures in England and I even feel like I could appear as a barrister(lol) in an English court with the information in this novel .

The courtroom procedures are very perfectly pictured and the thrill of justice being failed to an innocent keeps us sticking to the book throughout. The neat plot of revenge by the hero for the injustice caused and revealing the universal truth of “Satyamaeva Jayathae” (Truth alone Triumphs) at the climax though is well expected still kept me trembling over the last few chapters.

Never to miss his style and his language(though I wonder whether I am even qualified a lil to comment about it) that is marvelous. I am sticking to the usages in the book now in my own conversations.

/-----Those who have not completed the novel better stay above this line-----/
Though there are a few discrepancies on how come two completely different men are misidentified for each other by people who are closely associated with them, why there is no stain of blood in the bar when Fuller arrived even if Craig could manage to change clothes, why none suspected Danny on the death of Nick etc etc. the novel still is sensible or atleast very interesting. Hats off to Jeffrey Archer ‘The Greatest Story Teller of our Time’.

1 comment:

Elithraniel Arawion said...

the 'book beast' that i am.. i haven't read this one yet.. sigh!