Tuesday, December 2, 2008

LINKIN PARK our Religion


"I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
I don't know why I instigate
And say what I don't mean
I don't know how I got this way
I know it's not alright
So I'm breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit, Tonight
Im breaking the habit.."

Previously I had written a post on Savage Garden. My co-Enrique fans where a lilttle troubled but anyway I could convince them by saying Savage Garden is just for a change, but for Linkin Park I couldn't pardon myself.

The thing that I missed it because it's more than just music or hobby or anything trivial like these. Linkin Park is more like a religion.  Though music is in general said to reach the depths of a person, nothing else did reach this deep into us.

Linkin Park has saved me a lot of times from depressionss. It gave me the courage to encounter knaveries, discriminations etc etc.

"Forfeit the game
Before somebody else
Takes you out of the fame
Puts ur name to shame
Cover up your face
The phase is to fast
You just won't last."
I would gain strength to fight believing someday I would sing this before them. Right on their face.

The most quaint feature of Linkin Park is, though a few songs have a theme, they are mostly generic, they suit most other similar emotions. It brings out all those awes in you.  Many a time Linkin Park keeps people out of a feeling of solitude or hostility.



"In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I’m surprised it got so (far)
Things aren’t the way they were before
You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore"

1 comment:

Elithraniel Arawion said...

Love LP's lyrics...

"I've become to numb,
I can't hear you there.
Become so tired, so much more aware"

AMAZING! LP IS RELIGION!