Sunday, November 8, 2009

Why am I having 3rd thoughts about having a Girl friend?

I am having a cool time here at my work place. I have reclaimed my position as Mr.Nerd or something near the Omniscient (Thanks to Dr.Scheme). Naturally I have at least a few ppl now, who care to talk to me, and yes of course a few girls.

Naturally again, I have been questioned on being committed. I am not sure, whether I am assuming things, or whether they are really surprised, when I give the obvious answer that I am single.

This goaded me into writing why am I single? I am not single because,
I am not Handsome, or
I am in a pathetic economical condition, or
I am good for nothing, or
I am too numb to feel love.

May be a few of these things about me are true(it's upto you to choose which ones), but the reason I am single is not because of one of those above stated reasons.

I am working in a widespread IT company and I don’t have a city to call it as my city.

Let’s say that my girl friend (assuming that I manage to have one) is in another city.
Total Monetary Expenses in a month:
1. Phone Bill (approx) 1500INR
On an average let’s say that the total call duration, that I make in a day to her, sums up to 100minutes. Even with STD boosters, in India, an STD calls costs at least 50P per minute.
50P x 100 = 50INR per day.
50 x 30 = 1500 INR
(If you use idea and walk while you talk, this will be a good exercise. Yet an expensive one.)

2. I will have to visit her at least once in a month. With my work pressure, I have two choices to take a train on the Friday night or a flight on the Friday evening.
Train:
Net charges for the to and fro journey may vary from 2500 – 5000 INR.
*Exclusive of medical charges that I will have to incur, as long journeys make me sick.
Flight:
Net charges for the to and fro journey may vary from 5000 – 11000
Stay:
At least in India you can’t stay at your girl friend’s place.
The most economical option will cost at least 500INR for 2 days.
Net expenses 5000(approx) + 500 + 500(Miscellaneous) = 6000 INR

3. You can’t evade away from paying the restaurant bills during that weekend.
Assume that I pay 4 Bills that weekend. The worst part is it should be some place, where you pay for the place rather than the food.
Lunch/Dinner for the 2 of us would cost at least 400 (*Exclusive of deserts)
(400 + 100(Desserts)) x 4 = 2000 INR

4. At least once in 2 months, I should buy her a dress or some expensive gift to keep her reminded of me, despite the calls I make everyday.
Let’s assume that gift/dress costs 2000 INR every 2 months.
2000/2 = 1000 INR per month

So the total expenses for maintaining a girl friend = 1500 + 6000 + 2000 + 1000
= 10,500 INR per month

Imagine a guy who makes not more than 20 grand a month. How do you expect him to spend more than half his salary on just his girl friend?

Let’s assume that I get a non-bitchy girlfriend, who shares half my expenses. Even then I have to spend 25% of my salary.

In the rest 15K, I should pay for my expenses viz., house rent, food, clothes, my regular phone bill, gadgets and lots more of other miscellaneous expenses.

Forget sending some money to my parents, at least I should live without sucking more money from them. I have sucked their hard earned money for the past 2 decades.

Let’s ignore the economical factors. Now look at the Time (is gold) factor. I should spend at least 2 hours of my active time in a day for her, and at least 1 hour in dreaming about her.

In a month I spend 30 x 3 = 90 of my daily hours = 3.5 days(Aprox)
1 Weekend with her = 2 days.
Net time spent for maintaining a girl friend = 5.5 days a month.
5.5 x 12 = 66 days in a year. 66/365 = 18.08%
1/5th of my total time on just mashing with her. (I wonder whether I have enough things to talk about! May be she can handle that.)

After all these do you still expect me to have a girl friend?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely accept that you are an author.
man your calculations sucks like hell.

everything in this world is materialistic.
but you definitely have cheaper options.
you chat with her with skype.
which puts down ur phone bills.
if you find travelling expense too much find some one in your cabin.

your faithfully
loveguru

Unknown said...

awessssomme shank...
really very very nice...
this shows one of ur characters-being very economical...
no doubt u ll be a great business man soon :)

Guru said...

$...keth are these assumptions or they come from your real life experience after getting a job.

Kitty said...

@Prashanth

In a day she might very well chat with a dozen guys. If u r her bf u need to call her right away.

And Even if i find one in my cabin I m not gonna be there for more than 6 months. COrrecting a gal within that period is in itself is difficult.

In a country like India where female sex ratio is low u need to keep up to the competition, if u r in one.

Kitty said...

@Roops

Thanks dear. Hopefully i ll be one :p

@Guru

Smart are those who learn from their mistakes.
Smarter are those who learn from others' mistakes :p

Anonymous said...

@keth
this is not a competitive exam sir.

this is just a part of life,Which everyone who has enjoys and any one who doest have give some rib-tickling
reasons for their disability.

just live the moment ...

Kitty said...

@Prashanth

This is worse than competitive exams.

Correcting a gal involves spending a lot of resources on her, and it's definitely not affordable to lose her in less than 6 months.

Even avg looking gals manage to find a BF when their bf is not around. Not to mention abt gorgeous ones, though I would be happy with a avg looking one :p

Truth from Heart said...

Nice one.i enjoyed this..Post more buddy..

Kitty said...

@Truth

Thank u :)

padu said...

chi hw stingy u r..........humph.....

Kitty said...

@Padu

Pitty this poor guy :p