Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dazzling Diwali Oct'08

After a month I was back home. Rainy dull chill climate. I came here 4 days before diwali. We don't use to have non-veg on fridays and saturdays sooo sad :-( . I m a non-veg freak that to when it comes to mom's dishes ah! I go crazy.

  Then comes this sunday. I woke up directly for lunch. As soon as I got up wow! spicy smell of mom preparing something. Infact I was woken up by the fragrance. I was wondering whether it's chicken or fish because mutton was reserved for the next day. I couldn't differentiate from the smell. To my pleasant surprise it's both chicken and fish. Should you ask me how the lunch was. 

 Sunday night the day before Diwali. Actually I were a little busy with a software I were developing for a doctor. So lost interest in crackers. But when dad is back home, how can I still maintain I don't mind crackers. We reserved crackers we bought for the next day. Had two big gift boxes, burnt them down completely in an hour. It was great fun. Soooo colorful though felt sorry for the air & noise pollution caused by us.

The big day. Diwali!. AS I were working till 3am I got up only by 6.00am. After dad's oil massage had a sound bath. Usually we would be the alarm clock on Diwali days the day ll start with a 5000wala or at least a 1000wala lit around 4am but this year only 600wala that to after six.

 Anyways that is not a inhibiting factor. Dad said it's not goat as usual but sheep. I said never mind. I had 10+ idlies and 2 more dosas. Man after all it's one in a month meal for someone staying far away from home. 

 Then I went to Vallab's home. His roof top is our launch pad, lab etc etc. We used to do our acetylene experiments, explosive experiments and projectile range calculations etc etc there. We had an entire pack of double shots, our personal favorite for projectile experiments. The sad thing is even after 50 double shots we failed to tamper the neighbor’s syntax plastic tank. Then comes the 20 rockets not as funny as double shots . We use double shots as shot gun shells load it into a pipe and fire like 19th century canons.

 Then in the afternoon Thala's movie Aegan. Definitely worth the 100 rupees at least for Nayan..lol. Well before the climax I was reminded of the lunch I missed due to over eaten breakfast. As soon as the movie got over I returned home after dropping Vallab & Deepak in their homes. Yup triples in my Yamaha Lebero.

  After lunch at 5.30 pm long wait for dad to come till 7.30pm. Then starts the ultimate fun my sister Abhi's friend Dennis joined us. We altogether burned 2.5k worth toys. So very colorful the 12shot is the highlight, continously 12 shots kept firing to the sky one by one creating a colorful circular carpet in the air.. oh neck acke kept watching the sky.

Then gotta go to bed I have to take the bus scheduled at 4.45am next morning, back to my dirty room in our quaint hostel.


No comments: